So Kim from Eau D’Espresso, Sarah from Little Black Booties and stylEmie nominated me for Liebster Awards. Which makes 6! I decided to include all of them in one post to make it easier and somewhat shorter lol. Thanks again to everyone who nominated me!
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
1. Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
2. Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
1. What are your career aspirations?
I aspire to be a fashion journalist at a fashion magazine and (possibly) make money blogging on the side.
2. Who is your biggest style icon?
There are 3: Coco Chanel, Audrey Hepburn and Blair Waldorf. I decided I can’t pick just one 😛
3. What is your favorite season and why?
I can find something to be happy about during every season, but I would say Fall, based off of process of elimination. Spring means allergies, summer means heat wave and winter means I freeze. Fall doesn’t really have any downfalls and there are 2 fantastic holidays! So fall it is haha
4. What is your favorite book to read (not series, book!)?
It is not humanly possible for me to pick a favorite book. I just like way too many 😛 But my two favorite books to reread are Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and Walk Two Moons. OotP has some great scenes that I am constantly rereading and I loved Walk Two Moons so much as a child that I find myself thinking at random points about the story. So I reread it from time to time.
5. What is your favorite inspirational quote?
I have three because I am indecisive.
One is part of the inspiration behind this blog: “Look for the woman in the dress. If there is no woman, there is no dress.” -Coco Chanel.
The second is “You are confined only by the walls you build yourself”. It makes me feel like if I put my mind to it I can do anything!
The third is, of course, from Harry Potter: “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live”. I love this quote so much. I find myself doing this sometimes and always think of this quote when I do. Dreams will get you nothing, but acting on them will get you happiness and a feeling of accomplishment! Sometimes it takes this quote for me to realize that.
6. Why did you decide to start your blog?
To share my thoughts on fashion and beauty and to document my travel experience
7. What is your favorite wardrobe staple item?
My black heels. I don’t know what I would do without them. They are classic and could go with basically anything in my closet. Every girl needs them!
8. What is your favorite place in the world?
Wherever the people I love are 😀
9. What are your makeup must-haves?
Concealer, a neutral lipstick or gloss, Revlon Colorstay’s Addictive eyeshadow palette, Physician’s Formula Airbrush Foundation Powder
10. What do you think about my blog?
I love it, obviously. I helped you create it 😉
1. Favourite beauty product?
Physician’s Formula Airbrush Powder. My skin is very sensitive and this powder is light on my skin with no irritants and NO Talc! Plus it makes your skin look so good 😀
2. Favourite place in the world?
Wherever the people I love are!
3. What’s your dream job?
Fashion magazine editor or a wedding/event planner!
4. Lipstick or lipgloss?
Lipstick. I love lip gloss but I love the look of a good matte lipstick!
5. All time favourite song?
Too hard! lol Just kidding. In a previous set of questions I was asked if I had to listen to one song for the rest of my life what would it be. I picked Let it Be by The Beatles, so I will go with that I guess. But really, it is hard just picking one!
6. Favourite fashion designer?
Christian Dior (although Coco Chanel is basically a tie :D)
7. Favourite high street store?
8. Favourite item of clothing in your wardrobe?
I got a Jessica Simpson corset dress this summer that I love! It makes me feel great and it has a great print! But this will probably be different tomorrow because I am constantly changing my mind lol
9. If you could hop on a plane and fly anywhere in the world where would it be?
Italy, which is why it is so awesome that I will be there in less than 4 days!
10. If you were re-incarnated as animal what would it be?
I have actually taken a test on what animal I would be and I am apparently an otter. Which I am SO happy about because (for all you Harry Potter nerds out there) Hermione’s patronus is an otter 😀
1. If you could choose just one thing to change about the world, what would it be?
People’s attitudes towards each other. I believe we should love and respect everyone equally and I would love to live in a world where that was the norm instead of people constantly hurting each other and putting each other down.
2. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
Getting the motivation to work out. I always workout in the morning for about 40 minutes, so it is naturally the first thing I think about. But sometimes I need to push myself a little harder than others to get the motivation 😛
3. If you could meet any one person (from history or currently alive), who would it be?
This is really tough! One person whom I would love to meet is J.K. Rowling because I am so inspired by her story. I have watched documentaries on her and read books about her, but to be able to actually meet her would be incredible! However, I have a very long list of people I would love to meet, both alive and from history!
4. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
French Connection. I actually just discovered them a couple of months ago, but I wish I could buy everything on their website. Absolutely everything 😀
5. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Morning person normally, although my friends at college (especially my roommate) usually turn me into a night owl within a week once I return to school!
6. What inspires you?
I am inspired by those who are truly devoted to what they do, no matter what that is. Their motivation drives them to achieve great things that others would never even dream possible to achieve. They are proof that human beings are more capable than they think they are.
7. Is it worse to fail at something or never attempt it in the first place?
Definitely fail at something. At least then you can say you tried.
8. If you had to go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?
I would change one very small thing – my haircut in 7th grade. It seems so trivial but when I was younger I used to have waist-length hair. I LOVED it! And then I decided to cut it just below my shoulder blades and I wasn’t really crazy about it. I have never been able to grow it out that long since and I know if I hadn’t cut it, I would have that gorgeous long hair that I love!
9. Do you believe in Karma?
Yes! Too many things, good or bad, that have happened to me have no explanation but Karma lol
10. Would you rather live one 1,000-year life or live ten 100-year lives?
Good question! I would pick ten 100-year lives. I feel like 1,000 years is too long to live. You can live an extremely purposeful life in 100 years. Plus, you could do all of the things you regret not doing in your next 100 year span!
Now, I will nominate:
6) Anu Mohan
*I apologize if some of you have more than 200 followers. Some of the blogs didn’t have a number of followers listed on the blog so I went off of wordpress and bloglovin’